Mu Chapter's Delta Gamma Foundation
Lectureship in Values and Ethics
In Partnership with the University of Missouri
Delta Gamma alumnae and collegians with Tim Gunn
2016: Dr. Bennet Omalu, author of, and the inspiration for the film Concussion, starring Will Smith
2015: Tim Gunn, author, and mentor on the television series Project Runway
2014: Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, primatologist, ethologist, anthropologist, and United Nations Messenger of Peace
Our 23rd Lectureship in Values and Ethics will take place on November 1, and the speaker will be announced soon!
- 2016, Dr. Bennet Omalu, author of, and the inspiration for the film Concussion, starring Will Smith
- 2015, Tim Gunn, author, and mentor on the television series Project Runway
- 2014, Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, primatologist, ethologist, anthropologist and United Nations Messenger of Peace
- 2014, Elizabeth Smart, survivor of a kidnapping in Utah, and advocate for the prevention of child abduction
- 2013, Aimee Mullins, Paralympic athlete, model and member of the Council to Empower Women and Girls Through Sports
- 2012, Frank Abagnale, author of Catch Me If You Can, and the inspiration for the film and award-winning musical of the same name
- 2011, Aron Ralston, outdoorsman, author, engineer, and inspiration for the film, 127 Hours
- 2010, Sean and Collins Tuohy, portrayed in the film The BLIND Side
- 2009, Lisa Ling, CNN journalist and international correspondent
- 2009, Joan Brock, author of More Than Meets the Eye
- 2008, Jeff Corwin, Animal Planet star and conservationist
- 2007, Christopher Gardner, portrayed in the film The Pursuit of Happiness
- 2006, Dr. Ronan Tynan, Paralympic GOLD medalist and opera singer
- 2005, Dr. Sally Ride, first female astronaut
- 2004, Sylvia Nasar, author of, and inspiration for the movie, A Beautiful Mind
- 2003, Antwone Fisher, protagonist of the book Finding Fish
and movie Antwone Fisher
- 2002, Jerry Greenfield, co-founder of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream
- 2001, Herman Boone, coach from Remember the Titans
- 2000, Patricia Russell McCloud, author of A Is for Attitude: An Alphabet for Living
- 2000, Mitch Albom, author of Tuesday’s with Morrie
- 1999, Homer H. Hickam, Jr., author of October Sky
- 1999, Maureen Syring and Marilyn Fordham, former Delta Gamma Council Presidents
The mission of our Lectureship is to preserve and promote ethical behavior and values through exposure to distinguished lecturers on the broad topics of values and ethics. All students may attend free of charge.
Delta Gamma alumnae and collegians, along with the University of Missouri, raised the initial funds for the Lectureship endowment in 1996. In 1999, the inaugural Fall Lectureship presented an evening with Homer H. Hickam, Jr., author of October Sky, and it was met with resounding success. Since then, a host of stellar lectureships have taken place, and to date, we have presented 22 speakers.
Our partnership with the University of Missouri makes us unique, stronger, and recognized as part of the fabric of our University. According to Dr. Cathy Scroggs, former Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, "The Delta Gamma Lectureship is the single most important opportunity the University offers students to celebrate the institution's values: Respect, Responsibility, Discovery and Excellence."
As long as the University stands, so will the Lectureship!
For more information about attending our Lectureship, or to make a donation to support this extraordinary lecture series, please contact Lucinda Rice-Petrie, Lectureship Committee Chairman, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.916.0927
Delta Gamma members with Elizabeth Smart, kidnapping survivor